Net Worth Update – February 2017

By | February 27, 2017

Monthly Net Worth Update – February 2017

See My January net Worth Update Here

This month, as we are all well aware, is quite a bit shorter than the rest of the year. February is a time where I only get two pay cycles and have limited funds to invest or save. I believe March will be a lot better month as it falls within 3 pay cycles so I am expecting another 10%+ net worth increase next month as well. Alright lets get into it. Overall, I have had a great month of savings, I’m hoping this can stay fluid over the next year or so to boost my overall net worth, month on month. My investments are still slightly down due to the Robo 3D share price falling a bit. I am still long on that company so day to day fluctuations do not bother me.

Without further ado, here is my net worth for the end of February 2017. I’ll give a breakdown in the section below.

Figure 1: Total Net Worth February 2017.

ASSETS

Stock Value:

Unfortunately, my stocks didn’t fair too well this month either, once Robo 3D bounces back this will jump dramatically. A few ups and downs on my stock list at the moment. I also have some cash saved in my brokerage account and am looking to make my next purchase around the $1200 range. Like I have stated before, I am not planning to sell my stocks anytime soon, I am a Buy and Hold Long kinda guy!

Cash:

Not much to say, was able to stash some cash away towards a deposit for my first home. This will be used at some point in the near future year or two.

Retirement:

This also increased due to my employer contributions. I am not currently adding to this. My employer adds an extra 9.5% on top of my wage into this account as a requirement by the Australian Government. I will let this increase over time, I do change what my retirement is invested in, so I do have some control over it.

Vehicle:

This depreciated as expected. This is a set amount from the Australian Government site that I used.

Total Assets:

This increased by 4.23% overall.

DEBTS

Personal:

No added personal debts.

Vehicle:

This was paid off in December as a last payment. Doesn’t that feel good?!

Student:

Our student loans are paid differently here in Australia. A little bit each pay (2 weeks) gets taken out of my wage and goes towards paying off student debt. I do not see this money leaving my account as it is taken via our tax system. This works well for me. This is slowly getting paid down but will take some time.

Total Debts:

Decrease of debts by 0.65% which is a good thing, we want a decrease in debts.

TOTAL NET WORTH

My net worth from January 31st 2016 to February 28th 2017 has increased by an impressive 10.81%. This is an increase of $2458.83 in the month to bring my total net worth up to $25,212.61
Another increase, how good! Lets keep this train churning, March is going to be a good month for me. I am going to try and aim for 15% growth in the next month, lets see how that pans out. Very happy with this, how is your February shaping up?

32 thoughts on “Net Worth Update – February 2017

1. Erik @ The Mastermind Within

Nice work! An increase of 10% is fantastic. Keep doing that every month and you will be on the way to financial freedom in no time 🙂

Looking forward to March’s post as well as your future content on your stock picks!

Hopefully a stock pick very soon if my buy goes through. Always love your comments Erik. March will bring great things, just wait! Cheers.

Even on a short off month you generated an impressive 10% increase. Nice Work! Looking forward to seeing next month’s update when things start to pick up more.

3. Diligent Dividend

Congrats on the 10% growth! That is definitely something to be proud of. It has been a rocking month for stocks and that shows with those results. keep up the great work.

Thanks DD. There is really one stock that is slowing me down. When it takes off, with the addition of a good months savings, I will have a very large increase coming. Cheers.

4. 10

Nice, solid progress. Keep up the good work. I just dug out from student loan debt. It wasn’t fun, or pretty. But it’s doable. Thanks for sharing.

5. A Christian Investor

Nice increase to your net worth. The Australian government adds 9.5%? Wow, Australia rocks! Haha… that’s a very generous contribution to one’s retirement. Thanks for sharing.

Well not quite the government. The employer has to pay 9.5% on top of our wage. This is enforced by the government. So this really helps the retirement goals in the future. Cheers

Thanks, this money is taken out of our taxing system and has a very low interest rate so I am not too concerned with it. Cheers.

6. The Wannabe Investor

Hey,

Great job with a 10% increase in your net worth. You’ve got enough saved up in your emergency fund to ride out any market lows. It always bounces back and then some.

Best of luck for March!

Rohan

Thanks Rohan, appreciate your comment. Keep an eye out for March, I am really feeling good things for this coming month. Cheers

7. Doug

A 10percent increase is awesome a few of those months and you will be retired lol

Thanks Doug, I will be able to increase it pretty well for the next few months but that is because my net worth is so low. I won’t be able to do this once it reaches 100k+. Cheers

Thanks J. Portfolio is slightly weighed down by one underperformer but I still believe this will turn around in the long run. I hope my portfolio continues to grow for many, many years. Cheers

8. Dividend Diplomats

A 10% increase in net worth is amazing. Keep up the great work BHL! That 9.5% increase is interesting and helps fuel your retirement/investing account. I didn’t realize that was a requirement in Australia. Very, Very cool!

Bert

I don’t know how far back it stretches but it has been a law since I started working (9 years ago). This definitely helps contribute to your retirement savings!

Thanks PS, when the stock price increases, I will be laughing. I know it’s optimistic, but I know they are worth a lot more than they are now. Cheers