February 2018 – Net Worth Update

By | March 10, 2018

Monthly Net Worth Update – February 2018

I’m getting really slack with these updates. I really need to get organised more with these. So February saw me looking at a venue for our wedding that we might be having later in the year so that’s exciting. Saving money for it and hopefully cashing out on some crpyto soon so I can buy some new shares. I will be doing a reshuffle at some point too as some shares didn’t perform as well as I hoped so on the chopping block they go.

Net Worth February 2018

Not entirely sure how we did so well in February but hey I ain’t complaining. A nice percentage increase and finally saw that 50k Net Worth. A couple months late from my plan but as long as it goes upwards I am happy.

Forward Paying Dividends February 2018

So quite the change this month. As you can see my forward dividend income rose massively. This was from the announcement that one of the better performing shares I hold is going to be paying a maiden dividend. Best part is, it is going to be fully franked (tax paid for me) and DRP offered at 2.5% discount. WMI has been a great choice for me. Will hold this for the long run.

A fun way to look at this is that I get paid on average $56.51 a month, $13.04 a week, $1.86 a day or $0.0774 an hour, even when I sleep. Not a huge amount but it is pretty cool to look at it like that.

Dividends Paid

I was paid by one company in February 2018. I was paid by Arena REIT.

I was paid $23.044 cash and paid $0.00 in tax as this is a REIT. I reinvested this cash to purchase another 11 shares adding a total of $1.41to my forward dividend income.

Very happy with this month. Hoping my crypto can sell soon so i can reinvest into another share/LIC.

How was your February 2018?

20 thoughts on “February 2018 – Net Worth Update

1. StrongMoneyAustralia

Nice work hitting 50k mate!

Do you have a timeline for when you want to hit 100k?

And I like your breakdown of the dividends earned while sleeping… 🙂

100k by tomorrow would be good. But realistically, 75k by the end of the year and maybe 100k by middle of next year. It is slow going but slowly getting there.
      I like thinking of that 7c an hour…. could be worse!

2. Mr. Robot

I also like the hourly wage:-) congrats on your results!

For me February was a new record, a total amount of 19.12€ was received and already reinvested together with my monthly deposit.

3. More Dividends

Congrats on the income and networth increases. I have never heard of Arena REIT but I will do some research now. I managed to get out of cryptos a few months ago but would be willing to get back in if the price was right. Thanks for sharing BHL.

Hi More Div. Arena REIT is an Australian REIT focusing on Childcare, Commercial and some Health Care properties. Check out their previous performance and return to shareholders, absolutely terrific company. Cheers

4. wealthfromthirty

Marking the $50k milestone is a great achievement BHL. Congratulations. Looks like your portfolio’s forward income is growing well too. Keep it up!

Hi WFT, $50k is a great milestone for me. Will try to continue to increase this over the long run. This year may be a little slower.
      As long as the forward dividend income is increasing, I am happy.

5. JC

Nice going BHL and congrats on crossing $50k! $0.07 an hour, every hour, every day, every month, every year is a solid start. Even better is that it should just continue growing over time.

6. Frankie

Great milestone to hit BHL! And look forward to you cashing out of crypto’s and putting that money towards something a bit more stable…

I am looking forward to it.
      Crypto has taken a bit of a dive but I’ll wait for a cash out point I’m happy with.
      Something to do with shares is a lot more stable.

Congrats on getting pass the 50k mark in net income. Also, I think that’s a great way to look at the forward annual dividends in terms of the average monthly payment you get. Keep it going BHL.

8. MrSLM

Hey congrats on the wedding! Also, you mention you’re holding crypto, what are you holding?